In 2015, I set myself quite a few reading resolutions and today I’m here to share them with you once again and to look back on them. Did I complete them? Did I completely fail at them? Let’s find out together.
First, I gave myself a list of books that I needed to finally get to reading in 2015. Those books were:
- Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
- Gone by Michael Grant
- The Eye of Minds by James Dashner
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater(I own all three books, I mean this is just ridiculous)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
How many of these have I read? A grand total of 0. Yup, that’s right. I have yet to read any of the books that I told myself I had to read in 2015. I got rid of Gone and Uglies but I do still really want to read the others and I’m very irritated that I haven’t read them yet.
My other 5 reading resolutions were:
- Read 5 adult books
- Read 2 autobiographies
- Read 52 books
- Read at least one non-YA book a month
- Read at least one UKYA book a month
Looking through my goodreads, it looks like I’ve read 4 adult books this month which isn’t too far off from 5 I guess. I read 0 autobiographies this year but that’s probably because I’ve found none that really interested me a lot.
I have read way more than 52 books this year. I’m on my way to reading a total of 100 this year which is amazing because I didn’t think I would this year. I didn’t stick to reading at least one non-YA book a month but I did read at least one UKYA book every month. I got really into reading UKYA this year so this was an easy one.
So that’s how well I did with my 2015 reading resolutions. Pretty terribly. What about you guys?