It’s the end of March and I’m sitting here hating myself for not doing anything productive this month. I really slacked this month in terms of reading and blogging as I’ve been watching movies and doing revision due to my upcoming exams. However, here is my wrap up of things I did this month.
Books I Read:
I did not have a particularly good reading month at the start due to me being in a reading slump and wanting to watch Bollywood movies constantly. However towards the end, I started to get more into reading and I read a lot more. The books I read this month were:
- The Robber Bridegroom – Brother’s Grimm
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland – Lewis Carroll
- The Sky is Everywhere – Jandy Nelson(click here for my review)
- The Lost Herondale – Cassandra Clare, Robin Wasserman
- Love, Rosie – Cecelia Ahern
- The Flash, Season Zero, Issue 4 – Andrew Kreisberg
- Arrow, Season 2.5, Issue 2 – Marc Guggenheim
- Crow Moon – Anna McKerrow(click here for my review)
- Finding Audrey – Sophie Kinsella(my review will be up in June)
- The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive, Vol. 1: Lightning in a Bottle – Danny Bilson
- The DUFF – Kody Keplinger(click here for my review)
- Paper or Plastic – Vivi Barnes(click here for my review)
Posts I Posted:
I again slacked in the blogging department this month as I did not post as much as I usually did and most of the posts I made were scheduled. However,this month I did post:
- UKYA Book Blogger Awards Winners!
- UKYA Extravaganza
- February Wrap Up
- Top Ten All Time Favourite Books
- Top Ten Books for People Who Like YA Romance
- Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
- Bollywood Movies
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- Top Ten Books On My Spring TBR List
- Top 10 Books From My Childhood That I Would Love to Revisit
- Crow Moon by Anna McKerrow
- The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
- Completed Series: Part 1
- Completed Series: Part 2
- Paper or Plastic by Vivi Barnes
- Top Ten Books I Recently Added to My TBR
Books I Got:
I got less books this month. In fact I bought none at all. I got two books both of which were for review from Bloomsbury. I asked for the first one but along with the package they sent another one which was very kind of them. I also won a proof copy of a book in a competition as well. The books I got this month were:
- A Court of Thorns and Roses – Sarah J Maas
- Love Bomb – Jenny McLachlan
- Phoenix Rising – Bryony Pearce
However, I did attend Comic-Con this month and I picked up two comics based off the TV shows, The Flash and Arrow which were:
- Arrow, Season 2.5, issue 2
- The Flash, Season 0, issue 4
I have watched many movies this past month, most of which have been Bollywood movies. I actually included most of them in a post called Bollywood Movies.Soon I shall be posting Bollywood Movies part 2 because I’ve been watching more.I also watched The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel which was amazing
Events I Attended:
I attended four events this month but I haven’t made wrap ups of any of them and I probably won’t. The first was probably my favourite event and that was an author talk and signing with Melinda Salisbury, author of The Sin Eater’s Daughter. Anyone who knows me will know that I’m a major fan of her book and I have also become friends with her recently through twitter which was amazing. This was a great event but alas my photo taking skills failed me as I could not get a good photo with Mel!
Two days later I attended an author event with Gayle Forman which was just amazing. I’ve been a fan of Gayle Forman for almost a year now so it was really great to get to meet her in person. She was so lovely and she had a proper conversation with me which quite a few authors don’t really do. Her reading was a lot of fun as she got people from the audience to come up and read out loud with her.
The next event I went to was three days after that and it was with another big American author. It was an event with Veronica Roth. Yes I met Veronica Roth. It wasn’t the best event that I had ever attended because it was really restricted and not well done but it was good to meet an author I’ve admired for almost three years now. We weren’t allowed to take photos with Veronica so I unfortunately do not have a photo with her.
The last event I attended was on the 20th and it was an evening with Jennifer Niven and Sally Green. I must admit the main reason I went was because of Jennifer Niven simply because I loved All The Bright Places so much. This was another great event which included a treasure hunt! This involved me running like a madman across all 5 floors of Waterstones trying to find specific books that had post it notes in them. We came so close to winning but we were 2 minutes too late sadly! It was still a great event and both authors were amazing.
Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge:
I read quite diversely this month and ticked off a few of my reading challenge. The new ones I completed this month were:
- A book that became a movie(The Robber Bridgegroom, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Love Rosie)
- A book more than 100 years old(The Robber Bridegroom, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
- A book based on a TV show(Arrow and The Flash comics)
- A book that was originally written in a different language(The Robber Bridegroom)
- A graphic novel/comic(Arrow and The Flash comics)
- A book from your childhood(Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland)
This leaves me with only 10 more to tick off some of which are going to be quite hard for me but hey, I’ll get there.
Favourites of the Month:
Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella
Favourite TV Show:
The Flash…. again.
I have to give this to a song from a Bollywood movie which is Maahi Ve from Kal Ho Naa Ho(you’re all probably sitting there really confused but it’s a good song). This song is just too fabulous for life as is this movie.
This has to go to Kabhi Khusi Kabhie Gham which is an excellent movie about family that I’ve loved since I was really young. It never fails to make me cry and I’m someone who never cries.
This is a new category that I’ve decided to add from now on because every month I love a new gif. This month, it is obviously going to be a gif from a Bollywood movie but I couldn’t pick just one as I love both of these. They’re both from the same movie with the same two actors but I just love both of them.
Favourite Thing That Happened:
Definitely the Melinda Salisbury event because it was great to meet her and the event as a whole was just amazing.
So that’s all I did in March. What did you guys do? What was your favourite book of the month? Let me know down in the comments.