Hey everybody! On Friday it was my birthday and I got a lot of awesome things so I thought I’d show them all to you. There will be quite a few photos in this post so you’ll be able to see them as well. I am not bragging in this post but I just wanted to show off a lot of the cool things I got. If you don’t want to read this post then I understand but I did get some cool books as well.
To make this post easier to read/organise, I will be splitting into four different categories; books, DVDs, clothes and miscellaneous. My parents decided to go all out and buy me 16 little presents(one of which is yet to be delivered) as it was my 16th birthday so they really did spoil me.
I got nine books for my birthday. The first six books I got were:
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer(courtesy of my family) – I have meaning to read this book for almost two years, it’s getting a bit ridiculous since I haven’t read it yet!
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion(courtesy of my family) – This looks like a fun adult contemporary read and everyone has been talking highly of it.(Even Tom Fletcher has read it and I haven’t!)
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern(courtesy of my family) – I watched the movie adaptation of this book back in October when it was released in the UK simply because of Sam Claflin but I loved it and I’m excited to read the book. However it’s a romance book that is over 500 pages long!
- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon(courtesy of Makayla) – I have been meaning to read this book since the proof copies of it were first going around but I’ve never bought it(usually because I don’t venture into the adult section of Waterstones) but now I finally own it and I will hopefully be reading it this month since I’m meeting Samantha Shannon at the beginning of February.
- Back to Creative Writing School by Bridget Whelen(courtesy of Priya) – I’m a somewhat aspiring author so this book is going to be extremely helpful when I get down to writing again(it’s been a while!).
- McBusted by Jennifer Parker(courtesy of Veena) – If you read my blog regularly then you will know that I’m ridiculously obsessed with McBusted so of course this is the perfect book for me. I’m currently reading this actually and while I know basically all of the facts already, it’s really interesting to read about itThen my mum’s friend(who has basically become a part of the family) gave my mum money to spend on a present for me so my mum picked up the Kane Chronicles hardcover US boxset for me! I love it so much and I’m ridiculously excited to finally pick up more Rick Riordan books!I also got given a £10 Waterstones voucher from my mum’s other friend, a £50 amazon voucher from my uncle and £30 from my grandma so I shall definitely be buying some books very soon.
I got three DVDs for my birthday and they were:
- The Big Bang Theory Season 5(courtesy of my family) – I love The Big Bang Theory and I already owned 1-4 so they bought me the fifth season as well!
- Avengers Assemble(courtesy of Hadia) – Who doesn’t love The Avengers?
- The Internship(courtesy of Asmaa) – I actually went to watch this film with Asmaa. We both went simply because of Dylan O’Brien so she bought me the DVD so I can stare at his face again and again.
I got quite a few items of clothing from my family but my favourite present of all of the presents was a sweater from my two friends Asmaa and Makayla. It is a STAR Labs sweater and I love it so much because of course I adore the Flash. This sweater is never leaving my body, ever.
I got two dresses from my family. They were both quite long dresses that are just very beautiful. The first is a checkered dress that I love and the second is a flowery dress with a belt that is just beautiful.
I also got two skirts from my family as well. The first is an orangey/red skirt that is very flowy and the second one is a printed flowery skirt that is just beautiful.
They also got me a pair of black jeans(which I asked for) and some Minnie Mouse socks and slippers.
As well as that, they also got a fabulous sweater with a cat on it that is very fluffy and warm so I love it!
I got quite a few little things so I thought I’d show them to you as well.
From left to right in the picture above, I got:
- A notebook with grid paper in it from my friend Louise because we have maths together so it represents that.
- A badge that says ‘read fast, die young’ from my friend Makayla because I love to read and I collect badges and stick them on my school bag.
- A Happy Birthday Thorntons chocolate from my friend Ravan because who doesn’t want chocolate?
- A Mac Foundation from my family because I have needed a good foundation for a while now!
- A book mark pad from my friend Makayla because I love to use book marks and tab things in my books(she also got me little tabs to use in my books but I forgot to put them in the picture)
- A bookmark from my friend Louise because you can never have enough bookmarks.
- A cool teddy bear pen from my mum’s friend because it’s just adorable!
- A notebook with 50 reasons why I’m awesome all filled in from my friend Priya because she’s fabulous.
From left to right in this picture, I got:
- Cool colour changing pens from my friend Ravan because they’re so cool!
- A badge to wear throughout my birthday from my family.
- A Sofia the First tote bag from my family because my name’s Sofia so they thought it would be funny.
- These adorable animal crayons from my friend Louise because look how cute they are!
- A teddy bear that you can warm up from my friend Ravan because who doesn’t need more teddy bears in their life?
Also to finish off all the presents, my friend Louise did this amazing drawing of Tom Fletcher for me which has taken a prideful place on my wall!
So that’s everything that I got! Thank you to anyone who got me anything or wished me a happy birthday! It was an amazing birthday and I loved it so much. I realise that the photos aren’t the best quality but I’m not particularly good at photography. I’ll see you soon with another post.