It is now 2015 so to end my posts wrapping up 2014, I thought I’d do the end of 2014 book survey from The Perpetual Page Turner just to wrap up all of my 2014 end of year posts in one post. I love reading this survey so I thought I’d do it myself. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy reading other peoples.
Number Of Books You Read: 92!
Number of Re-Reads: Oh I don’t know. Around 15 but probably 10 of the rereads were of Lola and the Boy Next Door because I reread that constantly.
Genre You Read The Most From: Probably YA contemporary/romance
1. Best Book You Read In 2014?
Definitely Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead but I made a whole post about my top 14 books of 2014 so click here to go read that.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Looking for Alaska by John Green. I had high hopes but I didn’t end up liking it at all.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014?
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline because I didn’t think I’d like it but I loved it!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?
Hmm.. I pushed many books. I was definitely raving about Alienated by Melissa Landers for ages and I got three people to read it(click here if you want to be convinced to read it)
5. Best series you started in 2014? Best Sequel of 2014? Best Series Ender of 2014?
Best series: Probably the Talented saga by Sophie Davis(click here for my review of Talented)
Best sequel: Definitely Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead(click here for my review)
Best series ender: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?
There were so many……. I’ll choose…. Kasie West.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Billy and Me because it was a chick lit book which I don’t normally read(click here if you want to read my review)
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Definitely Rites of Passage by Joy N Hensley(click here for my review)
9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably Alienated by Melissa Landers because the sequel is coming out in February.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?
11. Most memorable character of 2014?
Celaena Sardothien in Heir of Fire because I loved her.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?
This is hard! Umm… probably If I Stay by Gayle Forman.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?
I Was Here by Gayle Forman(it isn’t out until the end of January and my review will be published then so you will know then why it is so thought provoking)
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read?
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?
“She was the heir of ash and fire, and she would bow to no one.”
– Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2014?
Shortest: (not included novellas) Created by Sophie Davis
Longest: City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare(click here for my review)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most(Because of a plot twist, character death, left you hanging with your mouth wide open, etc.)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare because of what happened to a specific character.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Sydney and Adrian from Bloodlines!!!
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Rowan and Celaena from Heir of Fire!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead…
21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick(click here for my review). I only read this because Bex from YABirmingham recommended it.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?
North from It’s a Yuletide Miracle, Charlie Brown by Stephanie Perkins(It’s in My True Love Gave to Me, click here for my review)
23. Best 2014 debut you read?
Solitaire by Alice Oseman(click here for my review). I LOVE THIS BOOK!
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
I can’t think of one… so let’s say Heir of Fire because this book shows more of the world so there is a lot of world building.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Definitely Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins(click here for my review)
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?
If I Stay by Gayle Forman bought me pretty close to tears.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
Never Ending by Martyn Bedford. I loved this book but not enough people have read it(click here for my review)
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas because omg that ending.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?
Probably Ready Player One by Ernest Cline because the plot of that was so unique and different.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
Hush,Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick because damn Nora was irritating.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014?
I discovered all the book blogs this year but my favourite is probably queenofcontemporary.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014?
I love my review of My True Love Gave to Me.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I adore my post about McBusted and McFly.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
There were so many amazing events! My favourite has to be when I met Rainbow Rowell though because it was amazing.
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?
Becoming a book blogger, definitely. It has completely changed my life around and I’m finally doing what I want to do.
6. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
It’s actually my review of Landline by Rainbow Rowell.
7. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
8. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Oh definitely discovering YABirmingham and all of it’s awesomeness.
9. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn’t have a blog at the start of the year so I didn’t have any blogging goals but I did have some reading goals. I made a whole post about this, so click here to go read that.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?
Definitely The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon, I need to read this book finally!
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?
There are so many! Invaded, The Ruby Circle, A Court of Thorns and Roses, the fourth Throne of Glass book are just a few. Click here to read my post about my most anticipated 2015 releases.
3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Probably The Boy Next Door by Katie Van Ark.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?
Again there are so many but at the moment I’m most looking forward to either The Ruby Circle or the fourth Throne of Glass book.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?
I hope to finally make something of this little blog as well as a bunch of other things that I talked about in this post.
6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Definitely I Was Here by Gayle Forman.
So that’s it for the end of year book survey and that’s the end of the wrapping up 2014 posts. I hope you enjoyed reading them as much as I enjoyed writing them. 2015 is going to be an exciting year and I can’t wait.